FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Saturday 8 June 2013

Over the May Day bank holiday weekend I paid our lovely capital city a visit.


I went to visit some friends and to meet up with my parents, as it was my Dad's birthday. On the Sunday, my Dad had booked for the three of us to have afternoon tea at The Sanderson Hotel. However, it was no ordinary tea, it was a Mad Hatter's Tea Party!




We turned up had a table reserved on the terrace which in itself was breathtaking. Like a cool Japanese inside/outside garden. We were told everyone had been asking to go outside that day, so were pretty lucky to get a table there!



First of all, we were asked which tea we wanted. I had an Earl Grey and my mum had English Breakfast. The only thing I would say it to ask for extra hot water, or maybe slightly less tea as it was very strong. That's coming from someone who loves a good strong cuppa too!



We were presented with the menu inside little copies of Alice in Wonderland to let us know what would be having. There wasn't a choice, they just bought everything out, which is fantastic for indecisive people like me as I got to try everything!



For the savoury, we had four types of mini sandwiches and quiche. I'm a savoury fiend so I loved this the most. Especially the smoked salmon on rye bread. I also loooved the savoury scones with herb butter. So buttery and delicious.





However, there was a lot to be said for the sweets. They were all so interesting to look at and eat.


The 'Drink Me' potion was my favourite sweet. There were three different layers in the bottle, which you got a flavour of one by one as you drank it down. Just like the 'Drink Me' potion in the Alice in Wonderland story, this and the whole tea definitely made me get bigger... sideways, as they keep bringing you food until you say stop. I was not complaining!



I would recommend doing this afternoon tea as a treat for an occasion, like a birthday, as it is totally different from your average afternoon tea! For more information, check the website here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! This hatter’s tea party is wonderful. Your arrangements are really awesome. The rose painted biscuits are adorable. Want to try them for my tea party for sure as planning hatter’s themed tea party at one of iconic Seattle venues for my friends.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog