FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Tuesday 4 February 2014

I must explain first, I am not your typical Harry Potter superfan. I don't have a cape, a wand or even a broomstick, nor do I have posters of all the cast of the films up on my bedroom walls. What I do have is a lifelong love of the Harry Potter stories. My mum read the first book to me and my brother when we were about 5 or 6 and from that day onwards I've been hooked. I've read every book several times and I have the full film boxset. There's just something about the story that I have never seemed to let go of and for that reason I think J.K Rowling is an absolute genius. If I could hug her and say thank you, I definitely would.

The tour was magical. It made me feel about 12 years old again, completely thrown back into the depths of the story. The tour is full of sets, costumes and props from all eight of the Harry Potter films, most of which are completely in tact. I don't want to give too much away from the tour in case you're planning on going yourself, but my favourite bits were definitely the Great Hall and the visit to Diagon Alley. Both sets were pretty much whole and I just could not believe I was standing where the scenes I loved so much had been bought to life.

Below are just a few of my favourite parts of the tour for you to have a sneak peek at but please, if you enjoyed either the books or the films, I urge you to go to the tour for yourself! You have to book in advance, so take a look at their website here.












Butterbeeeeeeer!










Mischief managed.

1 comment:

  1. Please check out my blog beautyandthensome.blogspot.ie
    Having a giveaway at the moment:)x

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog