FASHION, FOOD, EVENTS & TRAVEL

Sunday 2 February 2014

For my birthday present this year, my boyfriend took me to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford, just outside London. The tour itself is so popular that pretty much every single date gets full all year round. Therefore, we had to book it in advance which meant we didn't end up going until last weekend, even though my birthday was in November! However, it turned out to be a great idea as it meant I got another birthday weekend, just like the Queen!



As we don't live near the tour, we decided to stay in London for the weekend and just travel to Watford on the day of the tour. Through a recommendation by my parents, we opted to stay at Flemings Hotel in Mayfair. A choice that no part of me regrets!

The beautiful Natural History Museum, just a 20 minute walk from Flemings.

Flemings is situated on a small street just off Piccadilly and just a two minute walk from Green Park tube station. The location could not be more ideal for practically any plans you have in London. It's within walking distance of so many fantastic tourist destinations and is really easy to get to via tube from all the main train stations.



During our stay we got treated like absolute royalty. Nearly every member of staff wished me a happy birthday and nothing was too much trouble. I am a firm believer that staff can make or break a place and you could tell that the staff at Flemings had been meticulously trained.



Breakfast too was fantastic. There was a huge selection of different cooked breakfasts as well as a continental buffet to choose from while you waited. On the first morning I opted for my favourite breakfast; smoked salmon and scrambled eggs, while on the second day I chose a close second; pancakes with bacon and maple syrup. Both were delicious and set us up perfectly for a day of sightseeing. We were even treated to complimentary champagne at breakfast on the first day because of my birthday celebrations!





There was always a great atmosphere, which felt completely upper class without being pretentious (a hard balance to find). Without a doubt I would recommend Flemings to anyone who's thinking about heading for a special weekend away in London. I couldn't fault it at all and we will definitely be going back! Where's your favourite place to stay in London?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Nice to meet you...

My photo
The Sunny South, UK, United Kingdom
Welcome to the beach of my mind. All enquiries welcome... elizabettyspaghettiblog@gmail.com
Part of the next blogger network

Search This Blog